Here are some tips to gain muscle bulk. This would be for men, or women who want to bulk up.
- Lift heavy weights 6-10 reps. The last 3 should be very hard.
· Rest in between weight workouts for a day; you can do cardio on the off days. If you feel like your body needs more time to recover, listen to it. Replace your workout with a good recovery workout or stretch that day. Follow the program, but you can also adjust to your body’s needs.
· Sleep at least 8 hours. Your body actually uses the rest and sleep times to build the muscle not during the workout, that’s when it is tearing it down to rebuild stronger.
· Drink water so that you avoid dehydration. Your body uses water to repair the muscles.
· Eat enough calories to rebuild your muscles
· Eat whole foods, meaning not from a box. Meats, dairy, fruits and vegetables, and wholes grains.
· If you need to gain weight to gain muscle, eat calorie dense foods like grains, pasta, olive oil, and mixed nuts. You should also get enough veggies, but if you have a salad, add beans, rice and cheese to it to get enough calories.
· Eat enough protein. You will need 1g protein per pound of body weight daily to build muscle. So if you weigh 160lbs you will need 160 grams of protein. That can come from meat, fish, dairy, beans, eggs, soy, whole grains, even some veggies have protein, and protein powder.
· Eat 5-6 times a day. Breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack. That will help keep your body in the mode for food, help you get enough calories, and help your metabolism.
· Drink Recovery drink right after workout to help repair the muscles for the next workout.